Letter to my former church family...
You know what? I am done with all these punk ass "friends" from my old church. You don't even pretend to care anymore. I hear tidbits of news here and there. I USED to be part of your family. I babysat your kids, I helped out any way I could. I was so grateful to have someone who even cared that I was alive. I laughed with you, shared stories with you, had deep spiritual connections with you and even some amazing things happened when we prayed together. Yet all is lost. I have lost to the apparent onslaught of life. Friends who are right there, your small group, your meetings, your kids, your wife or husband. If you ever do contact me again, don't pretend you really care. I know you are already too burdened with the election, and bills, and the economy and God. I know i am forgotten and it hurts less if you just don't ever talk to me. Do you know I have a family too? I am married? Did you know that I have been at death's door and back twice since I left? Just because I am not part of a church body I was already considered a backslider. What would you say if you knew that the person who made me the happiest wife in the world was a woman? Would you spit on me and despise me because suddenly you cared? Am I not just a reminder of the guilt? Piss off. I bet you think that I don't even believe in God anymore. I am going to hell. Because for some reason gluttons and liars have a better chance than I do for getting into heaven. FOD I am happy now. I feel young again and free, truly free. My relationship with God is growing and my life is on track financially and in every other way. Is that a burr under your skin? What the fuck have I done to you to deserve your indifference? Wasn't I your pet project once?
I pray that God continues to bless you every day, I think of you all the time. Thank you for being part of who I am today. God Bless.

<< Home