All good things must come to an end...
I just came back from the most beautiful vacation ever...
I didn't realize until now that EVERY vacation I have ever had has involved work somehow, whatever my career at the moment. This was a truly relaxing and good time vacation. I went with a girlfriend of mine Ihereby referred to as "A.") and we had a blast! The premise for it was the fact my grandpa was turning 80 and my nephew 1 and my brother and wife were throwing a big birthday bash in Las Vegas, NV.
Day 1. Left on a Friday night. Had to wait till A. got off work. Drove all night and watched the sun rise over Hoover Dam.
Day 2. Pulled into Las Vegas and parked at a Kohls to sleep for two hours before having to deal with relatives and happy people. The party was a hit!! My Grandpa was so blown away that over 70 people showed up for him. That night went to dinner with friends and relatives then I took A. to see the strip. It was St Patty's and hoppin'. We watched the waters at the Bellagio and walked through the Flamingo trying to find the box office for tickets we bought online...turned out the show was at a different casino. We were tired so headed back to Grandpa's.
Day 3. Spent the day with the fam. Then went to the Tropicana for the BODIES exhibit. Most fascinating thing I have seen. We spent over 3 hours just looking...
Day 4. Decided to stick around, saying goodby to long lost relatives we hope to not see too often. Left that evening for Laughlin, a mere 75 miles away.
Day 5. Since we arrived at 2am (due to an unscheduled trip into Cali while yours truly was running from a cop and missed her exit) we ended up getting staterooms on the river for $24 a night. Sweet!!!
Day 6...oh wait I forgot to finish 5....
um hope this isnt too boring...
We took the riverwalk up the river and took a cab back cuz at the end of the walk there was a hike up a cliff. Then across a large rock. Then down the cliff on a cowpath no wider than a foot. Then all the way across a parking lot to get to the last casino. Did I mention we did this in the dark? At 11pm??? And we were very tired at the end?? And a little lit? Hence the cab.
Day 6 as I was going to say...
took a river tour on a boat!! Ok for you easterners, you may be thinking "Big deal". For us desert rats, it was WATER!!! and ducks! and fish!! ahem...
sorry...back to the story...
then we left for Sedona to visit A. sister who kept us overnight and made us late to the Grand Canyon. But I am not bitter. Ok I am, but I wouldn't have been if we could've actually seen the Grand Canyon. But I am getting ahead of myself.
Day 6 and 7 Got to the GC late on Thurs. No problem. After driving around for a couple of hours to find a camping spot in the dark we settle in. I was soo excited. I love the GC and A. has never seen it. Sunrise will be beautiful.
5am alarm goes off and we get ready. It is raining but this cannot dampen our excitement.
6am We take off. I am driving. In the rain. In the FOG. In the SNOW!! We couldn't see a damn thing. dammit. I ended up driving from 6am to 4:30p in the snow, sleet, and hail all the way back to Albuquerque, NM, hopping on my truck at work and driving another 2 and a half hours. And I didn't get to see my Grand Canyon... But I am not bitter. am not. bitter... no

<< Home