Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I won a trophy for Rookie division and 4th for my team overall in the state of New Mexico.

The school "Bus Rod-E-O" was Saturday and it was so much fun! It made it worth all the work all week. I put in well over 50 hours at work, 10 of which was just volunteer/practice for this rodeo. Then I was at work all day Sat for the Rodeo itself.

Hopefully I redeemed myself from a major faux paux on Friday. I had to refuel because I had a long field trip in the midday and forgot to replace the cap and leaked fuel for ooooh...3 or 4 miles before I realized it. I heard it broadcast on my radio that the cops were looking for a bus that was leaking badly. I figured out it was me when I pulled up to my first stop and the kids were looking at my bus really funny... DOH!! I haven't heard the end of it I am sure. ;)

I am so exhausted. I slept when I got home from the rodeo and then went for a drink at Applebees with my good friend Jen. I was back in bed at 11pm. After church today, I ate lunch and crashed around 4:30 and slept till 8:15. I could've slept all night too, but there were some things I had to do before tomorrow. Oy the pain.

The search for God within four walls (cont):
This morning I went to church wih one of the ladies from work. The International Church of Christ. Don't think that is the one for me. Although, surprisingly enough, I liked it far better than the Calvary Chapel I went to a week and a half ago. That is just scary. But ICC talked about Jesus and His work on the cross and I never heard the gospel mentioned at Calvary. The search continues....