Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

This week (so far) my kids have been sooooo good. I might bring them candy on Friday. :) Today I got paid to have fun. In addition to my regular route, I took a bunch of 5th graders to the bowling alley where they bowled and I played arcade games. Then we went to the park where they ate lunch and I hackey-sacked and worked on my tan. This is work?? The rest of the week will be filled with practice for the bus rodeo on Saturday. This is a test of the driving skills of bus drivers (was that redundant?). Anyway there are prizes for teams, individuals, and rookies (That's me!). We shall see...

I am so looking forward to my Maryland visit. My tickets are bought and I will be there from May 25th to June 24th when I drive up to Wisconsin with the Spiro's to go to my friend, Katie's, wedding.

The only glitch in the "perfect" plan came last week when my brother Micah told me he had planned his wedding ceremony the same weekend as Celebration. i have already bought tickets and paid for the conference, so I can't go...:(( but no matter, I will hopefully see him this summer and actually get to spend time with him and his wife and kids.

As a friend of mine says, "We make our plans and God laughs."

I love His sense of humor though. (not sarcastically) It will be better to go this summer anyway.