Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Friday, April 23, 2004

One week (36 school stops, 3 field trips, 2 conferences, a police investigation for an unruly student on my bus and not enough coffee) later...

Well, other than being very tired, I am encouraged. I went to a "Faith Lift" conference put on by my good friend and pastor Dave Megill. This was the first night. It was all about grace. It is so refreshing to hear that it is not our works that score points and get us accepted by God. Ironically this is the same church (diff pastor) that I heard a sermon in which the pastor said that "We are saved by grace, but we still need to hold up our end of the bargain". Yikes. I wonder...

Athough I am not advocating misuse of the grace of God, but like Dave put it, "I believe that if people REALLY understood God's grace, they would not misuse it".

"trying to gain points with someone who isn't keeping score" - Wayne Jacobsen from the book "He Loves Me"