Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Sunday, February 06, 2005

I am writing this in lieu of going to church. I know that sounds strange, but I am sick and this is about all the energy I have.

Painting update: Finished one and now started 2 of 4 series on elements and creation. I have exactly 13 days to finish enough pieces to show. To complicate matters, my mother decided that this is a perfect time to tear up all the carpet in the house while my father is in Roswell for a week. To her credit though, the cement is better than the carpet was. It has a rustic look now. The big debate is about whether we should paint it, stain it, throw down laminate wood, or what. There are a lot of options out there and most are pretty expensive. The most appealing to me is this new process they have out with acrylic cement. Basically they can make cement look like almost any stone, from rough cut to smooth as glass and it is very lightweight. There is a class to learn how to do it, but it is about $500 if I take it for certification. I think this finish is the best option, because it will last a very long time.

Did I mention that we were also given a pool table? My dad is going to take a separate trip to Roswell to pick it up. He would have this time, but he drove the van instead of his truck, cuz I was using his truck. (Thank God, I was helping someone move last weekend and his truck came in handy.)

Go Eagles.