Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Sunday, January 30, 2005

end of an era

I just got back from working all weekend. I was helping my friend Jenn move from the house that she has been in for 10 years. I remember when she moved in. I was her second roomate there and since then she has had several other people sharing the house. Most recently it was her sister, her boyfriend and their 3 small children.

As I helped her clean out this place, I couldn't help but think of all the craziness I caused there years ago. How God has blessed me! With a new outlook on life, it seemed like another lifetime ago that I was so depressed and angry and drugged out.

There was so much work to be done. Thankfully, my father lent me his truck. We ended up filling it 4 times over!! We finished packing at midnight last night, camped out at a half-empty apartment floor, and started again at nine this morning. Jenn had to work today, and we were hoping to get it mostly done this morning. Unfortunately, timing was offset because we were waiting for someone to pick up the couch.

well, enough of my boring details of a hard weekend. I will write more soon.