Are they gone? (the holidays)
My "vacation" went really well. I put vacation in quotes because I think I worked harder on my "vacation" than usual and I need a vacation to rest up from my "vacation". That said, let me start at the beginning. I won't bore you with too many details, but here are the highlights.
The wedding, which is what neccesitated this whole trip, went beautifully. It was a short ceremony, but very lively and sweet (as it should be). The reception was beautiful, the groom's family (previously unknown to me) was delightful, and the dancing was plentiful. I was able to spend time with the bride's sisters and nephews and neice. It was a wonderful time.
Saw a lot of people...most of them that were on my mental list and a few who were not. Some I really wanted to see weren't there, but it was the holidays. I did get a chance to see my Baltimore friends through unusual circumstances, but we had such a good time.
My trip to Las Vegas went, well...interesting at best. There were so many relatives there, my brother remarked one night that it looked like Jonestown all over again!! Too bad there wasn't cool-aid! j/k
While I was there, I met my brother's new girlfriend Chey. She is such a cool gal!! We hit it off and I helped Simon and Chey move the rest of Chey's stuff to LV. So that meant going to Southern California..oh darn. (btw, it is cold and rainy the whole time I am in MD, NV, and now SoCal) We drove down New Year's Eve and loaded the rest of her stuff into two vehicles and drove around the corner to Simon's old place and spent the evening and night with his old rommies. It was a lot of fun. And yes I did indulge in a couple drinking games, but it was a blast. We took off late Sat back to LV and unloaded her stuff at her uncle's.
Speaking of holidays, do you know what a weight has lifted now that they are past? There is so much pressure to be...happy.
I am happy to be back, even though I got really sick (head cold). I am better as of yesterday when my sinuses drained and I could breathe!!
I know this is an ADD blog but I have so much to write i am just highlighting some things.

<< Home