Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Friday, March 31, 2006

My life was waiting for me

When I started feeling better, it was like my whole world had been holding back and could finally let loose. In the last 48 hours I have barely slept, laughed, cried, the whole bit.

Wednesday I packed up the last of my stuff from the old house and said my goodbyes. I wrapped up a few loose ends and created a couple more. One of the former was the matter of about 25 lbs of fish in my freezer that I forgot I was storing for my mom. Well I had to take it over to my parents' house. I also gave back all the stuff that my dad wanted back plus some stuff I had found along the way. I gave her the fish and I was on my way. One last farewell to a place I once took comfort in. Maybe someday my heart will be there again, but not for a while.

Thursday found me going to counseling and getting ticked(my counseler is really good), then driving back to RR for the last little tidying up things to do with my old house and then to try and renew my business liscence. Went back to work and then off to a small group mtg and afterwards, Wal-Mart. On my way home, my car buggered out and smoked something aweful. It was 2:00am and so I called a coworker to pick me up. He did and I made it to work on time at 3:15am.

After I got off work this morning I made a zillion calls to auto mechanics, towing companies, and my insurance agent. Of course my policy ran out yesterday, so no towing, but my friend is going to tow it to my house. The thought occured to me that of course this being the last day of my old lease, my car knew it had the freedom to conk out on me.