Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I can only blog sporadically now. (as opposed to?) My computer happens to be at my house in RR and now I live in ABQ. Yes folks I did sign a lease and the place is officially mine! It's a beautiful place. It will be healing to my artistic soul.

I quit smoking. Well, almost. I was at a pack a day throught the holiday season and now just a half a cigarette, if that, per day. I read a book last week that made me think that I really don't want my kids (someday) to have to deal with the issue I did growing up of "Is my mom gonna die everytime she coughs?" thing. And it is something I can do now to affect my future.

It wasn't too hard up until today. I have begun getting flashbacks the last 6 wks or so and they are increasingly disturbing and annoying. I think I am going to seek out a counselor when this whole housing thing settles down and I have more money. Until then please pray (for those of you who do) or think of me in the meantime, cuz I feel like I am losing my mind some days.