Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Monday, July 28, 2003

ABOUT SUNDAY:

I woke up with the uncanny feeling that all was forgiven....

At church there was a word about a father leading the child down the dark path in a dark forest and us having complete confidence that God was leading us and we can trust Him. He knows the dangers and the twists and turns.

I thought about a father faithfully leading me through a tricky path and realized that I don't have that experience to draw from. So God and I made a new memory. He has led me through many a troubled and desperate time. I thought back to yesterday and the mess I had made, the time I wasted. The many things I sought comfort in did not fulfill and in the end it was His face I sought. All was forgiven. Having this impression or vision of getting a spanking and being able to look full in His face moments later and seeing love, not anger. It melted my heart. Wow, what love is this??