Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Friday, October 14, 2005

To update or not update, that is the question.

Do any of my dear readers have problems getting this blog to douwnload? I am trying to determine if my trouble with it is local or global. Please respond if you can. I am currently looking into ways to fix this. Thanks for your patience.

Change of Subject:
I wonder if there is a limit to how many books one can read in the same time frame and still retain the information and momentum. As a result of trying to insert myself into more social and relational opportunities, I have been assigned three new books for three different groups.

Philosophy II requires a fascinating book called "Socrates Meets Jesus".

I joined a book club and we are reading "The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe" by CS Lewis. I thankfully have read this one often enough to keep up with only minimal skimming to refresh.

The third book is a deeper book, "How People Grow" by Cloud and Townsend. This is for my intimate small group. This group is the one supposed to function as a soudnding board and a safe place to deal with deep dark waters. This is what I have been waiting and longing for. Now that it is here, I am scared to death. At least I know others are in the same boat.

Now I must sleep for tomorrow I am going to the ZIA marching band competition. It is an all day event in the elements. But it is so much fun.