Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Sunday, August 28, 2005

(insert music from "Phsyco" here) -CHURCH-

Ok I know you are judging me right now. I know you think you "know" where this blog is going. Ok, so maybe you are right. or maybe not.

I DID go to church today. The subject was on...church. To me when the subject of a sermon is church, taught in a church building, it is a little like holding a cracked mirror up to a cracked mirror and watching the reflection of the cracks go on indefinitely.

But today something strange happened. A sermon challenged me. Completely taken off guard I was actually pissed off at first. Then I got the tape. The main gist of the sermon was on church authority and submission to said authority. This topic is one of my big three contentions with common Christianity, the other two being money and missions. At first glance it is obvious why I take such an issue over who can tell me what to do. No one is the boss of me. It is because church authority was so abused in my life from early on that I really don't trust anyone but God. Oh, wait. In fact, the harder things are the less I talk about it to anyone, much less a person in authority. I will have to ponder this further.

I am doing a little better than the last couple bogs, but just have to post one small thing. As far as poetry goes it sucks but gets the idea across.

Hemorrage

All is right
on the homefront
I can smile at the sunset
While my soul
will quietly hemorrage
no need to hold it in
crusting like lava
a tumor in my soul
seeping out from my eyes
raging and numb
behind the facade