Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Thursday, November 04, 2004

I don't know what to title my blog today. The perpetual exhaustion that has hung over me since Saturday is insane. It's like the cold sapped what little energy reserve I might have had.

I had a five day weekend, believe it or not. I worked most of Friday on graphic design work for a friend/co-worker. Saturday I worked a 15 hour shift in the cold but it was the coolest day at work I think I ever had. We took the High School Marching band to a competition downtown, where we heard many incredible bands. Our HS placed first and we didn't get back till midnight.

When i got home from this field trip I realized that I still needed to edit music for drama the next morning, so I was up till 2:30 editing and burning CD's. (part of the music was Radiohead. Shh.) Then I had to be at church at 7:45am. When I went to pick up one of the actresses, she said she thought I was coming at 7:30, not 6:30. Yep...I forgot about DST. Dang it. I coulda slept in.

Our performances went well. I received so many comments and compliments. I gave the glory to God. I didn't see any way this was actually going to come together. But it flowed so well with the worship and teaching it had to be God.

Later that night I went to a "Harvest Fest" which turned out we were the only adults dressed up, there was no "fest", just an illusionist performing. So we stayed for that. It was held in a church that I try to avoid at all costs b/c it brings back so many strange and oppressive memories. Unfortunately I was bombarded by all I had worked so hard to forget. After a relatively short panic attack, in which I excused myself to the bathroom, I realized that I no longer live under slavery to this fear. So I started praying in the spirit and the oppression lifted somewhat.

Tuesday I went to a funeral that started across town and ended in Santa Fe for the burial of an old, good friend of my family's. She was 87 and her husband died about a year ago. This pushes the count to 7 deaths in 14 months for me. Hers was the least tragic. She had alzehmers bad and she loved the Lord with all her heart. I was able to catch up with a couple people I hadn't seen in a few years as we took the hour trip to Santa Fe and then the hour back.

I need a weekend to rest up from my weekend.

On a happy (I think) note: My dad gave me a decent computer!! Yay! so i built a desk in my room out of scrap lumber and I have a computer all to myself!!! yeah.

on a second happy note, I think I got my comments fixed, now you don't have to register. I found a new format for my blog but can't seem to get it to work. anyone know how to upload background pictures? Give me a shout out if so.