Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Monday, September 27, 2004

Is it just me? Or is there drama up in here?

Maybe I didn't get enough sleep. Maybe it is the full moon. Whatever. The point is that this has been a strange day. Rather, a regular day with strange people i thought I knew. I went to work exhausted...quite normal. Nothing big happened. Then this guy (whom I have been working with doing a CD cover for his demo) waylays me. He wants me to work on this project. My gut feeling is sinking lower as he proceeds to take up most of my morning with niggly little adjustments to a project I am very done with (emotionally speaking). All I really wanted to do is rest.

Then my computer wasn't working well and I ended up in a heated discussion with my fatherly parental unit who wanted me to buy a computer part I didn't really need for a price I definitely couldn't afford. When I told him that I wasn't going to do it, he got huffy and said, "Fine, I will cancel the order!" (which I didn't ask him to make). When I tried to sit and reason with him about a possible low-cost temporary fix (my computer is really slow) he would not discuss anything logically. I think I finally succeeded in communicating that my problem was NOT storage but processing. I was confused as to why it is so slow when I put in a brand new motherboard myself. Come to find out that that motherboard fried so he put in an old one with an old processor. Quandry solved. But not until we were both frustrated beyond belief.

This afternoon was ok at work. Work was not a big issue today. But when I got home, I got a phone call and so I was walking around the block and talking and smoking a cig as I do on occasion and Mom drove by and saw me. She pulled over and asked me what I was doing. I told her, "walking around the block, talking on the phone and smoking a cigarette." Is this a trick question?

I think she was hacked because when I got home my sister called and volunteered to pick up my grandfather who is coming into town on Thursday. Well my mom went off in her "martyr" way, and my sis said that she didn't mean to make a scene. Geesh.

Sorry to vent but some days I miss living alone. Being able to talk on the phone without two other people trying to talk to the person on the other end through me and not giving me a moment's privacy. I think boundaries are a foreign concept here. I love my family but they drive me nuts.