Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Monday, June 06, 2005

happy, sad, happy, sad, happy

My brother Micah and his beautiful wife and adorable kids are here for the week. I'll have to post pics later but it has been so good to finally meet and get to know his family. He married a single mom of two boys and now they are pregnant with a third. It is so fun to hear the boys call my brother "Dad". I love it.

A long time friend of the family died today. She has battled cancer off and on and actually it was pnemonia that took her. I work with her husband and was set up on a blind date with their son once.

Unfortunately, I will not be in town for the funeral which is Thursday. I am headed to Denver to work a homeschool conference. This is a paying job! It also means that I have to reschedule a doctor appt to take this splint off. That kinda sucks, but oh well. It is healing well, anyway. I rarely have the splint on during the day now.