Hope is shameless...

...it brazenly appears in the darkest and strangest places

Sunday, May 22, 2005

I was able to go to the coolest thing Sat morning! The Santa Fe Opera House was having an open house. My younger sister, her friend, my mom and I went. I was so excited because I absolutely love the design and ambiance of this place. It is partially outdoors and situated in the mountains surrounding Sante Fe. I attended an opera about 5 years ago here and the fresh mountain air blowing gently while listening to an opera is an experience I will never forget.

It is probably a good 7k-8k ft above sea level, so even though I live at 6000, it was noticeably difficult to move and breathe normally. We were taken on a tour of the whole backstage. The costumes, sets, lighting, props, and A/V. It was so fun!! It reminded me of just how much I miss that type of thing. I would love to work backstage on almost any production.

I received news this week that was disappointing. It turns out that the lady I am working for over the next couple of months (doing conferencing) has booked flights to Richmond for the conference in June. While I much prefer flying to driving any day, this particular trip I was hoping to drive. My plan was to drive to VA, do the conference then drive to MD to see my wonderful friends in the few days we had before the next conference in Ohio. I was really looking forward to it, but God must have other (better) plans.

In other news my arm is healing well, I can take it out of the splint every day and move it around for a couple of hours. I have regained about 50% movement, which is really good. I could even scratch my nose and touch the back of my right elbow! :)

Being out of work has been straining financially. God is faithful though, and I am sure He will provide.